Required Reading

I don't own anything Star Wars, Star Trek, The Dark Knight Rises, The Fantastic Four, or Ninja Assassin. Characters you don't recognize belong exclusively to me. I tend to pair male protagonists with women of color, specifically black women. If this poses a problem with your ability to suspend disbelief, then this fanfic blog isn't for you. Otherwise, do enjoy.

11/19/2011

Folie a Trois (9/15)

Escalation


Kirk was furious. That pointy-eared son of a bitch openly challenged him.  Bad enough that he was still pissed about the recent mission failure, but that!  The way Spock eyed Kirk while putting his hands on Uhura’s neck pissed him off.  And then he had the cojones to follow her to her quarters.  Kirk’s first instinct was to go over and deck his science officer.  But then he nodded.  It was all part of the contest between them.  He had been late getting to the obs deck; mission paperwork was a bona-fide bitch, and so missed most of her performance.  Kirk was surprised to see that Spock ventured out of his little dark spot, one-upping him.  For the moment.

He would be damned if he missed another one of her dances.  He didn’t care what was going on, as long as it wasn’t a red alert.  Then it wouldn’t matter, as all of them would be on the bridge.  Other than that, he was going to be standing right next to his first officer.  The whole thing would be amusing, if he and Spock were competing to sleep with the lady in question.  But this was about who would win her heart, so it was infinitely more serious.  And there were no boundaries.  None had been established.

So he readied his own plan of seduction.  However, he was going to make sure Spock didn’t have another chance to get her alone like that. 

*        *        *

Uhura decided to wear pink.  She was really getting into the fact that she was dancing for her commander.  She still wondered if she was also dancing for her captain.  Uhura had not had the opportunity to bring it up; circumstances hadn’t allowed them much time together.  But he sent her a message that he wanted to have dinner with her within the next few days, if she could schedule it.  She thought she would ask him about the dancing then.  Uhura was eager to know if Kirk was watching her too.  The whole idea was very sexy and erotic.  She would not deny how good it made her feel.  It was an invigorating sensation, one that sustained her during long boring hours on the bridge, especially when either one of them glanced at her.  What were they thinking whenever they looked at her while on duty?  What was going through their minds?  She knew what was going through hers.

Damn Gaila for her suggestion.  Damn herself for actually doing it.  But she had to admit; it was fun.  Back in the Academy and in college, she attracted a lot of boys with no sense of imagination.  She supposed her dedication to her studies and sheer brilliance put off a lot of potential suitors, which left the dreck that believed her to be susceptible to any common pickup.  As a result, her dealings with the opposite sex were limited to a handful of partners, and that was more of a biological thing than a need to be in a relationship. 

But those days were over.  Captain Kirk and Commander Spock weren’t boys.  She thought that about Kirk when they first met, but she had to admit he was persistent.  Time spent working with him, especially as her captain, made her revise her previous thoughts.  Then he revealed another side of his personality; one not to be trifled with.  And Spock, being Vulcan, wasn’t one to be trifled with either.  No, Uhura was dealing with men.  Men who knew exactly what they wanted.  How utterly refreshing.

She supposed if they were facing off over her, she could make it even more interesting than it already was.  Gaila instructed her to make them go balls-out over her; the winner would prove himself worthy of her heart.  Uhura had never ever been in a situation like this, and she couldn’t help testing her power.  She was interested in seeing which man would pull out the stops, so she decided to make them up the ante.   After his seductive massage, Spock was in the lead.  Kirk was up.  

She sat on the floor of the observation deck, drinking water and stretching.  Then, when the music began, she started moving.

Over in the corner, Spock stood with his hands behind his back.  Kirk stood next to him, arms folded.

“Is there any particular reason for you to be standing here, Captain?”

“If you think I’m giving you another chance to pull the shit you did last time, you are out of your mind, Commander.”

“I do not know what you are referring to, Captain.”

“I thought Vulcans didn’t lie.”

“We do not.”

“Then you know full well what I’m talking about. What, you think I didn’t hear you offer to relieve her tension? What the hell?”

“I do not believe I whispered it,” Spock said.  “And her muscles were tense.  She would not get proper rest with a sore back.  A massage was the logical thing to do.”

“Logic my ass,” Kirk hissed.  “I’m sure you did more than rub her back.”

“Are you referring to something you would have done, Captain?  For that is all I did.”

Kirk shook his head.  “Whatever.  Watch your back.”

Neither man had taken his eyes off the object of their discussion.

“Am I to understand that you are worried about boundaries now, Captain?  I do believe it was established that there were none except what she creates.  She has not instituted any.”

Kirk merely rolled his eyes.  Spock was right.  Uhura hadn’t uttered a word about what could and could not happen.  Kirk cocked his head to the side as he watched her.  Uhura dancing was by far the sexiest thing he’d ever seen.  All the women he’d ever dated didn’t even come close.  He was looking forward to having another opportunity to spend more private time with her.  He wanted to know more about her mother and father and her relationship with her dad.  He liked the fact that she had a major weakness.  If given the chance, he would gladly feed her candy for the rest of her days.  The memory of the way she attacked that chocolate lollipop stayed with him, especially when she conveyed internal transmissions to him while on the bridge.  Only his control kept those moments tame and calm. 

Her movements were an eclectic blend of dancing styles and he sensed that it was all improvised.  She moved with so much passion, as if she knew she had an audience.  But she did.  She knew Spock was there.  Kirk had a feeling that Uhura knew that he was watching her as well.  To be certain, he would have to inform her that he was part of her audience.  Kirk smirked.  He knew exactly how to tell her.

She slid down to the floor and moved her legs in large circles, ending in another ‘V’ before lowering them and sitting up in one fluid motion.   Then she turned her head in their direction, shook her hair and smiled.

Kirk heard Spock’s breathing quicken.  His own increased.  “Would you look at that? She likes having an audience.”
“She knows that I am here.  She does not know that you are.  One might deduce that her behavior is all for my benefit.”

“But it isn’t, and I bet she knows that too.  I wouldn’t be surprised if our lovely xenolinguist knows that we are rivals. She’s no slouch, or haven’t you noticed?”

“I have noticed everything, Captain.  And I would agree with your assessment that she is well aware that we are standing over here watching her.  I would infer that she derives a significant amount of pleasure in knowing that she commands our considerable interest.”

“Which, in English, means that she’s getting off on us watching her.  Sometimes I wish you would cut out the bullshit and get to the point, Spock.”

A long moment of silence.  Kirk sighed.  “Why am I deliberately torturing myself?”

“I have read that some humans find pleasure in some forms torture.  Perhaps what you are feeling is something akin to that.”

“If you’re asking me if I’m horny, then you damn well ought to know the answer to that.  If you’re not turned on, then something is really wrong with you.”

“Nothing is wrong with me, Captain.”

Another long moment of silence.  Uhura danced, semi-oblivious to the tension in the corner of the obs deck.  Once again, she looked over in their corner, raised her hands above her head and began swaying back and forth, sliding her hands over her hair.  The song she was dancing to was quite revealing and a confirmation of Spock’s and Kirk’s conversation.

 “She’s definitely teasing us,” Kirk said.  “If I didn’t know it before, I know it now.” 

“I would agree, Captain.  Fascinating.”

Kirk put his hands on his hips and cast a sideways glance at his first officer.  “Did you sleep with her, Spock?”

“A gentleman does not tell, but in the sake of fairness, I have not.  I am of the understanding that is a line she will not cross until she decides which of us she wants.”

Kirk nodded.  He didn’t believe that Spock seduced her, but he had to ask.  Uhura wasn’t the type of woman who would do that, not when she knew how he felt about her.  But he had to ask.

“Are you jealous, Captain?”

“Not even close, Commander.”

“What if she decides to cross that line?”

“If she wants to, she’ll get no argument from me.”

“You would encourage her?”

“Hell yes,” Kirk said. “Nyota is a grown woman, and if she wants me like that, then who am I to deny her?  I’m mortal, Spock.”

“I thought this was not about sex, Jim.”

“It’s not, Spock.  However, I will not deny that I do want it with her.  You do too and you know it.  Don’t act like you don’t want to know how she tastes.  Don’t pretend that you don’t want to know how she feels.  Don’t even stand there and act like you don’t want to know what it’s like to have those legs wrapped around you.”

Spock stared at the dancing beauty.  “That is crudely stated, yet amazingly accurate.”

“We’re not so different after all then, are we?”

“In the case of our shared objective, we are not.  Nyota is fascinating and stimulating on a physical, intellectual and emotional level.  I find it quite difficult to resist her considerable charms.”

Uhura was slowly rising to her feet, caressing herself.  Kirk sighed.  “Amen to that.”

“Why have you not pursued her before?”  Spock asked, even though he already knew the answer.

“I have pursued her ever since I met her.  She never gave me the time of day because she thought I was a dick.  Annoying and irritating were the words she used.  I admit, I wasn’t worthy of her then.  She’s made a man out of me.  I guess you never pursued her because you were her teacher.”

“That is correct.  It would have been inappropriate.”

“For you, maybe.  I crossed that line with a couple of my instructors.”

“Have you no sense of regulation or propriety, Captain Kirk?”

“You should know the answer to that, Commander Spock.”

Spock merely stared at Uhura, who was on the floor stretching her legs.  “I hope that you have no intention of sacrificing Nyota’s integrity to appease your lack of propriety.”

“I want to be with her in ways that I never considered with another woman.  I want to love her and take care of her, Spock.  And since this is unknown territory for me, I won’t tread lightly.  I would never hurt Nyota.”

“If you expect to achieve your objective, which I will strongly object to, then you should not.”

“So I guess there’s no sharing of trade secrets or comparing of notes,” Kirk teased.  He couldn’t resist ribbing Spock.  This was just too rich not to.

“I would not give you any opportunity or advantage over me, Captain.  I want Lieutenant Uhura solely for myself.”

“I have no intention of sharing her, Commander.”


Uhura rose to her feet and ceased the playlist.  She took a long drink of water and shook out her hair.  Then she put on her sweats and slippers and grabbed her towel and water bottle.  She turned back to look into the corner for a long moment, and then left the obs deck.

*        *        *

After a double shift on the bridge, Uhura returned to her quarters, exhausted.  Tonight, she just wanted to unwind.  She planned to take a hot shower and relax.  She had the next day off, but planned to do some research in preparation for a visit to a foreign planetary system.  One was never really off on the Enterprise.

She entered her suite.  “Computer, lights, twenty percent.”

Her quarters were illuminated with dim light, as she preferred.  She sat on her couch and removed her boots, sighing as she rubbed her feet.

“Nyota?”

She jumped up into an automatic fight stance.  “Who are you and what are you doing in my quarters?”

“You don’t know my voice?”

Uhura frowned at the darkness.  She sighed and relaxed.  “Captain?”

“No one else can override your private security, Nyota.  And I’m sorry to startle you.  I thought it best that I wait for you to arrive so that no one will see us enter together.”

She sat back down.  “Wait, I left you on the bridge.”

“And I left it to Spock.  I know shortcuts.”

“Sir,” she said, giggling in spite of herself.

“Jim,” he said.  “Want to turn up the lights?”

“No, after being on the bridge, I prefer darkness.”

“I understand.”

“Jim, I’m kinda tired.”

“I know.  I am as well.  But we have not had any time together since we took that walk.  I planned to do so much after that, but life got in the way.  I apologize for that.”

“Jim, you’re the captain of the Federation flagship.  You have nothing to apologize for.”

“If I want you to be my girl, then I can’t let the Enterprise trump you.”

“If I were to become your girl, you still have a responsibility to her.  I understand that.  If we should be together, she’s the only mistress I’d let you have.”

Kirk swallowed.  “I want that so much.  I’m nuts about you, Nyota.  Tell me what to do and I’ll do it.”

“I don’t have to tell you.  You know what to do.”

He nodded.  “If you believe that, then I won’t argue.  Sit back and relax.”

“Okay.”  She sat back in her chair and closed her eyes.  Kirk got up and walked past her to the bathroom.  She heard running water and was surprised to see him return holding a large bin.

“What are you doing?”

“I wanted to give you a foot rub.  That is why I’m here.  I brought supplies.”

“Jim, you don’t have to—”

“I want to.”

He pulled up her ottoman and sat on it, placing the bin in front of her feet.   “Put your feet in the water.”

“I can’t believe you’re doing this, Jim.”

“Well, I am.  Sit back and relax.”

She did so, smiling. “I told you that you knew what to do.”

Kirk got up and picked one of her newly-delivered yellow roses out of its vase.  He pulled off all the petals at once and dropped them in her foot bath.  He sat back down, put his hands on her knees, and began to rub slowly.  Uhura sighed.

“You’re spoiling me,” she said.  “First candy, now this?  How do you plan to keep this up?”

“I’ll find a way.”

“I’ll have to return the favor.”

“No you don’t,” he said.  “This is the first time that…this…hasn’t been all about me.”  When he was with those other women, they catered to him from head to foot, in the hopes of catching him.

“You flatter me.”

“Perhaps, but I also speak the truth.  Now relax.”

He picked up her foot and patted it dry with a towel, then used some of the rose petals to rub into the sole of her foot.

“Oh wow,” she breathed.  “Oh, that feels…”

“Shh,” he said, focusing on the foot rub.  She had beautiful feet.  After a few minutes of intense massaging, he repeated the action with her other foot.

“Jim, this is amazing…this is…”

“Sexy as hell,” he finished.  “I’ve never done this before, and here I am literally throwing rose petals at your feet.  It must be love.”

She laughed.  “If you say so.”  She had never found him more attractive and more appealing than she did right now.  Uhura had to admit that she could see herself with this Jim Kirk.

“Is it possible that you could love me, Nyota?”

“Yes,” she said.  “This side of you, this new you, this I like.”

“It’s not new; just recently discovered.”  Kirk put her feet in his lap and began to rub her legs.  He couldn’t stop himself.  “It hit me like a ton of bricks.”

“But you can’t be like this all the time, Jim. You’re not able to.  You need detachment when you’re on duty.”

“I can be this way with you, Nyota.  I find it easy to be this way with you.  It will balance out the detachment I need to do my job.  But you’re right; I can’t be like this all the time.  This is a side I’ll only show to you.”

Uhura relaxed into the couch, sighing again.  “If you start this thing by spoiling me, Jim, you are going to have to maintain it.  My father always told me that the man who wins my heart should keep me at the level to which I’m accustomed to, but must intend to take me higher.”

Kirk was undaunted.  “I’m the man for the job.  You have to admit, no other man has taken you to the stars.”

She giggled and sighed.  “You’re really funny.  I like it when you make me laugh.  This feels so good.  If I go to sleep on you, I’m sorry.”

He kissed her kneecap.  “Apology accepted.  And I’ll make you laugh anytime you want.”

Uhura smiled to herself as she sank deeper into her chair.  “Don’t wait for me to want it.”

Kirk was rubbing her calves, relieving the tension caused by her double shift and those uncomfortable boots.

“I hate those boots,” she said.

“No, they don’t suit you, do they?”

“They don’t suit anybody, Jim.  They’re horrible.  Can’t you authorize a shoe upgrade?”

“No.  They’re Starfleet-issued and a mandatory part of the uniform.”

“But they’re still hideous.  I’ll never get used to wearing them.”

“So you like shoes too?”  He smiled to himself.  He liked shoes as well.

“Yes,” she said.  “I love shoes.  They’re right up there with my candy infatuation.”

“Hmmm,” he said.  “I won’t bother to share the fantasy I’m going to have about that.”

“Now that you said it, I want to know.”

“Are you sure?  It’s already hot in here.”

She stared at him, smiling.  “I’m sure.”

“Well,” he began, moving down to her ankles, “I would really like to see you naked in the captain’s chair in a pair of red high heels or leather boots while sucking on a lollipop.”

“Really?”  That was an image.

“Yeah,” he said.  “So let’s not go into any more details.”

“Yeah,” she said.  “You’re right.”  That actually wasn’t a half-bad idea.  “It wouldn’t work because there are always at least four people on the bridge at any given time.”

Kirk stared at her as he stroked the backs of her legs.  “I can get rid of them for an hour or so during gamma shift, Nyota.  So it’s indeed possible for you to fulfill that fantasy.  If you’re so inclined.”

“You’re such a naughty boy, Captain.”

He gazed at the spot where her thighs met.  “You have no idea how bad I can be.”

Uhura sighed.  “Okay, it really is getting hot in here.  I’m sorry I started that.”

“I’m not,” he said.  Then they sat in companionable silence for a little while.  Kirk slid his hands up and down her legs, kneading until her muscles relaxed.  Uhura dozed off.  She awoke abruptly when she felt his hands slide to her thighs and he whispered her name.

“Um, yes?”

“I’m done.  Come on, you need to go to bed.”

She yawned.   “I don’t want to get up, Jim.  I’m good right here.”

“No,” he said.  “That won’t do.”  He bent over and picked her up, cradling her in his arms.  She was so easy to hold.  Kirk carried her to her bedroom and laid her on her bed, kissing her forehead.  She looked at him, tenderness in her eyes.

“Thank you,” she said.

“I don’t dare do more,” he said.  “I won’t be able to stop myself.”

She nodded, yawning again.  “I do recognize that you have been tolerant with me.  I know that you could have been doing many other things with many other women.  You and my other suitor have been very patient.  I appreciate it.  I do.”  If they had been even the slightest bit insistent on having sex, she would have been sleeping with both of them by now.  That wasn’t a good idea.  Wasn’t it?  Was it?  She was no longer sure.

“You’re worth it,” he said, electing not to tell her that he knew about Spock.  Not yet, anyway.  “Will you have dinner with me tomorrow night?”

“Yes.”

“Good.  Then I’ll see you then.  Good night, Nyota.”

“Good night, Captain.”

*        *        *

Kirk was having a conference with his senior officers.  A request had been submitted to Starfleet.  There was an alien colony in a remote planetary system that initiated contact to join the UFP.  Admiral Pike dispatched the Enterprise to investigate the planet and ensure the validity of the request.  They were scheduled to arrive in a week and Kirk had everyone working to discover any and all information about the colony.  There was very little to be found so far.  Spock made his report from the research provided to him by his science department heads.

“The planetary system is very similar to Earth’s solar system.  The Amigosis star, an F-class giant similar to Polaris, has seven planets orbiting it.  Six of the seven planets are uninhabitable.  Four are due to their proximity to Amigosis, and two are because they are so distant.  The planet in question is generally known as Amigosa V, the fifth planet in the system.  It is an M-class planet with a diameter smaller than that of Earth’s.  Water is extremely abundant and the planet itself is a lush, green jungle.  Very little is known about the culture of the colony that inhabits Amigosa V.  In fact, the message transmitted to Starfleet was very simplistic in content and did not contain visuals. One might conclude that the culture’s technology is limited.”

 “We’re the closest starship,” Kirk said.  “Admiral Pike wants us to check out the planet due to the fact that the message was a request to join the Federation.  We’d like to know who and what we’re dealing with before any such negotiations can be made.  If we go to warp factor 4, we can be there in a day or two.  However, I’d like to know more about the planet itself as well as the inhabitants before we arrive.  We have some time on this and we need to be prepared, so we’ll remain at our current speed for the next few days.  Commander Spock, get your researchers on this ASAP.”

“Aye, Captain.”

“Lieutenant Uhura, I want your team of linguists to search the databases to find out if any contact has been made to Amigosa V from any other alien cultures outside of the Federation, and if so, start learning the language.  If necessary, you will be our translator when we arrive.”

“Yes, sir.”

“Mr. Chekov, I want you to plot and lay in the best course to the Amigosis system and from there, locate the nearest Starfleet base.  Scotty, I want you to make sure that the Enterprise’s engines are at peak, just in case we need to rush at a moment’s notice.”

Chekov and Scotty nodded affirmatives.  “Aye, Captain.”

“Dismissed.”

Uhura and the other officers left the conference room.  She was headed towards the communications lab to inform her assistants of the captain’s orders.

“Lieutenant?”

She stopped.  Commander Spock was walking towards her.  “Yes sir?”

“After you have completed your assignments for this shift, I would like to request your presence on the holodeck at 1900 hours.”

Uhura smiled.  “Really?”

“Yes.  I have taken the liberty of arranging another opportunity for us to spend time together.  Mr. Scott has informed me that the holodeck is now operational.”

“That’s good to know, Commander.  Why has it taken so long?”  She could have been doing her dancing there, but the captain informed everyone that the holodeck was inoperable, so no one used it.
“It was discovered right after we left space dock that there were minute malfunctions in the computer systems.  It has taken Mr. Scott’s engineering team some time to locate and repair the malfunctions, and this was done during times when their skills and attentions were not required elsewhere.  The captain has not announced it to the crew yet; he plans to do so after this mission is complete.”

“Oh,” she said.  “So, we’ve got a date tonight?”

“Yes.  I hope that you find my efforts pleasing.”

She nodded and stared at him.  His blue tunic really went well with his skin.  “I’m sure I will.  What do you want me to do?”

“I would like for you to be present, Lieutenant.  I will let you get back to your assignment.”

“See you tonight,” she said, smiling widely.

He nodded, turned and walked away.
*        *        *

Spock waited for her outside of the holodeck’s double doors.  It was located on the same corridor as the observation deck and the officers’ quarters.  He had programmed what he hoped would be a singular experience for Uhura as well as a pleasurable remembrance for himself.  He already had one: the memory of massaging her back and kissing her spine.  He had sampled that memory on a regular basis and wanted to make a new one of her and with her.  It was very easy to imagine the lieutenant as his mate, as he did not expect that the captain would be successful in his efforts to woo her.  He was impressed by the man’s determination—scuttlebutt said that he was no longer intimately involved with Dr. McCoy’s chief nurse.  However, Spock did not believe that Kirk would be able to maintain such; that he would slip back into his old habits of whimsical intimacy.

Spock did not concern himself with the issue of what might occur once it was established that Uhura was his mate.  Mr. Sulu might be disappointed, as well as Mr. Willis, the head of security and those others who found Lieutenant Uhura appealing.  He was professional enough, and he believed she was as well, that their intimate connection would not interfere with their duty.

“Commander?”

“Yes, Lieutenant.  Good evening.”

“Hi,” she said, smiling at him.

“Are you ready?”

“I am.”

“In order to prepare fully for this experience, I must request that you change out of your uniform and into the ensemble that I have in this package.”  He handed her a box.

 Uhura grinned.  “A present?”

“If you deem it as such.  I too, must change.”

“I won’t be long,” she said.

A few minutes later, she stood with him again outside the holodeck doors.  Uhura wore a long bluish-gray hooded sheath that flattered her figure.  It was made of a soft material with which she was unfamiliar.  She was amused to see Spock in a dark outfit very similar to the one his father wore.  Spock entered the code and the program and they entered.  Uhura did a double-take.  Spock closed his eyes as the doors closed.

“Spock, is this…is this Vulcan?”

“Yes.”

“How did you…?”

“The holodeck, as you know, allows you to create personalized programs.  I have recreated a portion of my home world.  Specifically, the cliffs near my ancestral home.  If you would take my arm, please?”

He led her deep into the simulation, which was rocky and steep in some areas.  They emerged on a plateau where sat a table and two chairs.  The plateau overlooked a chasm and in the distance was the red-orange Vulcan sun.  Spock led her to the table and helped her sit down.  He sat in the chair beside her.

“Spock, this is…this is so beautiful.  I mean, I’ve only read about Vulcan in books.  I—I don’t know what to say.  I mean, are you okay with this?”

“If I were not, I would not have created this for you.”

“Okay,” she said.  “If you’re good, I’m good.  She relaxed into the chair.

“Computer, please produce the meal,” he said.  Before them, a plate of fruit, vegetables and cheese appeared as well as a bottle of some clear liquid.

Uhura could not stop smiling.  Spock had already surpassed her expectations.  He served her.

“As you know, Vulcans are vegetarians.  What I have here is a plate of select fruit and vegetables as well as some Terran cheese and crackers.  I hope this is sufficient for your meal.”

“We didn’t have to eat at all, Spock, and I would have been fine.”

“That would be illogical, Nyota.  You must nourish yourself.  We have been occupied all day.”  He served her a plate and poured her a glass of the liquid.  “This is nectar made from a combination of some of our fruit.  You will find the taste very light, similar to a Terran apple-pear blend.”

“Okay,” she said.  He could have given her a sock to eat and she would have consumed it with pleasure.  She took her plate and began to eat the fruit and vegetables.  “So, tell me about this place.”
He spent the next few minutes describing the environment and the general location of his home, and the significance of the place he chose for the simulation.  When he was younger, he used to spend long moments gazing at 40 Eridani A, Vulcan’s sun.  He sometimes did it with his mother, who would share with him the reasons why she had come to love the reddish, desert planet.  It was a place of peace, of meditation, of serenity.  The chasm was a reminder of how harsh Vulcan could be as well.  Then he asked her to describe the location where she grew up, and she did so, telling him about her favorite childhood places in Kenya.

He took her arm and led her towards the chasm so she could see the ridges and layers in Vulcan’s crust.  Standing beside him, she reached and took his hand.

“Will the sun set?”

“The length of the simulation does not allow it to.”

“Can we come here again?”

“As often as you like.  I hope you enjoyed this.”

“I did.  It is nothing like I expected and I am very pleased.”

“I would want you to be pleased with me.”

“I am,” she said.  “I would be, too.”  She could easily see herself romantically involved with Spock.

“Are you going to establish some boundaries for my courtship and the courtship of the other male?”

“I should,” she said, wanting to be held by him.  “I need to, because this is getting serious.”

“With me or with both of us?”

“With both of you.”

“Then I must escalate my attentions.”

She sighed, squeezing his fingers.  Spock turned and embraced her.  Uhura melted into him, pressing her cheek against his chest.

“You must have known that I needed this,” she said.

“If I choose, I can know everything you want just by touching you.  You know what I want when I touch you.  However, I do not use my ability haphazardly, nor would I pry into your innermost thoughts.  Please know that.”  He allowed his fingers to slide through her hair.

“I do.  And you’re right; I need to give you parameters.  Except I can’t.  I can’t.”

“Why not?”

She closed her eyes for a moment and then looked up at him.  “I assume you want the truth.”

“I would hope that you always share nothing but that with me.”

“I can’t because I’m really attracted to both of you.  It would be so much easier if I weren’t, or if it were just the one.  But it’s like fate is playing games with me.”

“I do not believe in fate.  You choose your path, Nyota.”  He put his hands on the back of her neck and slid his fingers through her hair, caressing the back of her head.  Uhura moaned and leaned her head back into his hands, closing her eyes.  He gazed at her exposed throat and leaned down to kiss it.  She moaned again and wound her fingers through his hair.  Spock kissed his way down over to the place where her neck and shoulder me, then back, pressing his warm lips against the hollow of her throat.  Uhura sighed gustily.  This man had the most creative kisses she’d ever experienced.

“This is just what I mean,” she said between exhalations.  “How can I set a boundary when I want this, when I want the both of you like this?”

He stopped kissing her throat and murmured, “It is the mere fact that you have captured the attention of two very distinct strong personalities.  We are similar to a pH scale.  He is an acid.  I am a base. You neutralize the both of us.”

Uhura stared at him. “Do you know who he is, Spock?”

“Of course.  There could be no other.”

She shook her head.  “I’m sorry.”

“We have been watching you dance since the Enterprise left space dock almost seven months ago.  And do not apologize, as that is illogical.  I do not believe that you intended to capture our attentions, but you did.” 

Uhura closed her eyes.  Gaila and Irish had been right—again!  And it pleased her to know that.

“You both came at me at the same time and you appeal to me in different ways.  I am struggling with my choice.  I can’t figure out how it is possible that I have such strong feelings for two polar opposites.”

“Perhaps our differences give you a balance in your own life.  That is logical.”  Spock cupped her face and she was energized again by the feel of his hands on her skin. “I will do whatever is required to make it easy for you.”

“How long will you put up with my indecision before you grow impatient?”

“I do not get impatient, Nyota.  I cannot speak for the captain.  I can say with certainty that he will not give up so easily.  But you know that.”

She closed her eyes and he kissed her.  This kiss was way different from their previous one.  It was, as expected, different from Kirk’s.  And yet, just as magnificent.  His mouth was warm, his lips soft.  Then he did something with his tongue and her head nearly exploded.  When she pulled away, she met his heated gaze.

“What did you just do to me?” she breathed.  She was beside herself.  Whatever that was, it was…marvelous!

“I would like to do it again,” he replied, his breathing harsh.

“Please,” she said, and kissed him again.  That tongue thing was incredible.  Just like that, she was a raging inferno.  When he stopped, she was visibly shaken.  Spock stepped away from her.

“We should be leaving, as the simulation will end in two minutes and forty-two seconds.”

“All…right.”

He took her arm and led her towards the holodeck exit.  It was a minute or so before she could speak clearly.

“Where did you learn to kiss like that?”

He raised an eyebrow and looked at her.  “I have extensive knowledge of human physiology, and when it is necessary, I use my own to exploit it.  That is what I did in an attempt to make your choice easier.”

She shook her head.  “That was fantastic.”

“I will kiss you like that anytime you wish, Nyota.”

She closed her eyes and squeezed his arms as they walked over the terrain.  “I don’t know how to respond to that, Spock.”

“I expect that you will soon.” 

They reached the doors and exited the holodeck just as the simulation ended.  Uhura gathered her uniform.  “Do you want this back?” she asked, running her hand over the dress.

“I would like it if you kept it.”

“Thank you for a beautiful experience, Spock.”

“Would you like me to escort you to your quarters?”

“That might not be the best idea.  I mean, that kiss was…I’d better not put myself in a situation where…I don’t want you to think…No, Spock, it’s fine.  I’d better escort myself.”

He merely nodded and bade her goodnight.  She wished him the same and walked towards her suite, knowing that in regards to her suitors, the proverbial gloves were off and things were escalating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reviews are appreciated! Flames will be used for grilling.